Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) have exploded in popularity and caught the public’s attention in the last year or two. But what is the hype all about, and what risks do participants in the market face?
In this program, our blockchain experts explored the development and evolution of NFTs and NFT marketplaces, as well as considered legal and non-legal risks that arise for buyers of NFTs and other marketplace participants.
Among other topics, they discussed:
- The introduction and growth of the NFT market
- The nature and functioning of NFTs
- How NFTs are used in practice, and what does the owner actually “own”
- Examples of NFT marketplaces and the mechanics employed
- Potential non-legal issues and risks
- Legal and regulatory concerns and issues
Do you have specific questions you would like addressed? If so, please email Debevoise Events and we will follow-up..
- Byungkwon (Ben) Lim, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Gary Murphy, Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Anna Maximenko, International Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton