Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) have exploded in popularity and caught the public’s attention in the last year or two. But what is the hype all about, and what risks do participants in the market face?
In this program, our blockchain experts explored the development and evolution of NFTs and NFT marketplaces, as well as considered legal and non-legal risks that arise for buyers of NFTs and other marketplace participants.
NFT Webcast Slidedeck
Among other topics, they discussed:
- The introduction and growth of the NFT market
- The nature and functioning of NFTs
- How NFTs are used in practice, and what does the owner actually “own”
- Examples of NFT marketplaces and the mechanics employed
- Potential non-legal issues and risks
- Legal and regulatory concerns and issues
Do you have specific questions you would like addressed? If so, please email Debevoise Events and we will follow-up..
- Byungkwon (Ben) Lim, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Gary Murphy, Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Anna Maximenko, International Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton
Byungkwon Lim, a member of the firm’s Corporate Department, leads the firm’s Derivatives, Blockchain and Hedge Fund Practice Groups.
Mr. Lim advises a wide range of clients, including banks, other dealers and end users, on derivatives regulatory matters and transaction structuring. In the blockchain space, Mr. Lim advises technology companies and developers on regulatory matters, platform structuring and offering and related documentation. Mr. Lim also represents advisers to hedge funds and managed accounts in connection with the structuring, offering and operation of such vehicles and accounts.
Gary E. Murphy
Gary Murphy is a counsel and a member of the firm’s Blockchain, Hedge Fund and Derivatives Practice Groups. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anna V. Maximenko
Anna Maximenko is an international counsel in the Moscow office and a member of the Corporate Department and the FinTech Practice Group. She can be reached at email@example.com,